[kwlug-disc] Using the alias command with the Git Command Line Interface

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Wed Feb 14 20:44:29 EST 2018

In my UNIX days we did not use RCS. The UNIX box was experimental and
was not used for development.
However, reaching back in my distant memory the RCS version numbers
would not have any bearing on branches.
(Caveat: This might be specific to a particular organization.)

Let's refer to the diagram I provided earlier.
This time we will let A B and C be defined by distinct product / part
number identifiers.
And we will let the + signs denote development milestones aka versions
within each stream.
The + signs aka versions in one stream do not have anything to do with
the versions in other streams.
Baseloads from one stream to the next are taken at a development
milestone aka version.

(use fixed width font for this diagram)

JohnJ