[kwlug-disc] Laptop Revival Sessions?

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 22:39:57 EDT 2018

Oops! Sorry, I sent the previous from my computer-y email address.

Hmm, shame to hear about the HDDs running off to hide in some dark corner.

I have a 160G and a 750G SATA HDD, bot a re 5400RPM, 8M Cache slowboats,
but still useful with a thin Linux install.

I likely have a 320G 7200RPM unit too, but I would have to look at my
Guelph loc to verify.

These 2/3 drives are free to the cause.
I also have an X61 and an X61T(ablet), both have at least 2G RAM and at
least a 120G HDD, both would run Ubuntu/Debian/Whatever with a slim DE like
Xfce quite decently.  Those are also free to the cause.

--
​ Continuing on, I would ​be interested in help in any way I can, grunt
work's my thing but am open to whatever is needed.

Thanks,

Ron Singh