[kwlug-disc] Massage Passing stuffs?

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Thu Sep 14 00:18:37 EDT 2017

I posted this to GTALUG, so my apology if you've seen it before.
I'm posting to KWLUG, because there may be more "robotic" people here.

I have various peripherals that I need to read and write.  At the
moment, they are all local and don't need to talk to each other.  I
think of 3 approaches from top of my head:

    1. Use select(2) (and friends) to round-robin the peripherals.  This
    is "classic".

    2. Each peripheral is serviced by a separate thread, and main thread
    does the business logics.

    /3/. Each peripheral is serviced by a separate process, and they pass
    "messages".  This option is what I want to investigate.

So, do you know any "message-passing" scheme, framework, or library that
I can look up?
--
William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>