[kwlug-disc] Accepting bitcoin (and other cryptos) as a Canadian business

Andrew Stevanus (KWLUG) andrew+kwlug at hoot.tech
Thu Oct 19 18:04:00 EDT 2017

I would definitely want to hold ("hodl") on to it. There are various
services like BitPay that act as merchant processors and will convert
bitcoin on your behalf into your native currency, but personally, I
would prefer keeping at least some of my savings in a currency that
allows me to have full custody of my money. I would likely use bitcoin
for some expenses as well, since there are now a number of services that
accept it (for hosting, for example). I wonder how that would complicate
things further (e.g. tax deductions).

Joel Nahrgang: