[kwlug-disc] Accepting bitcoin (and other cryptos) as a Canadian business

stuart at lowlevel.ca stuart at lowlevel.ca
Thu Oct 19 17:16:02 EDT 2017

My take on it is that you are trading goods or services for an asset. I don’t see how you claim a gain or a loss until you convert that asset to actual legal currency.

That being said, I suspect most businesses accepting such assets as payment are converting them at time of sale to lock in a known value/pay for the goods.

It does start to get complicated if you start holding the digital assets I think...

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone