[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu 17.10

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Oct 19 13:49:26 EDT 2017

That is exactly my strategy.

I learned a lesson the hard way around 10 or so years back when
I upgraded from an LTS to a non-LTS release, and got broken things
on KDE that almost drove me off from it then. Early this year I
switched from KDE to XFCE after I upgraded to 16.04 (one year
after it came out), and never looked back.

Ever since, I only stick with LTS releases, and life has been easier
that way.

Even with LTS, I tend to watch until at least the first .1 release
comes out and the main kinks ironed out.

Preserves your sanity that way.