[kwlug-disc] KRACK on WPA2

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 18:54:40 EDT 2017

Khalid, damn good find! I will pass this around.

I would imagine that Android less than 6x will still be vulnerable, and
likely the mfgs are hoping a significant populations is NOT on sub-6.x
Android

I wonder how much of the world's users of anything that has wifi and is
wpa/wpa2-secured will really be aware of this?
We are talking about billions of devices at this point and more than 2
billion users I would think that are affected.

Then again, one is only vulnerable if someone actually gets in on tries to
get into your data stream and really, how many people will face such an
intrusion, very few since wifi client-ap connectivity is a requirement and
I for one will be looking out my window to see if there is a black unmarked
van parked nearly for an extended period of time, haha.

I am in the IT reseller industry and clients are going wild
patching/looking for patches for their routers/aps/client devices.

Thanks,

Ron Singh
"in transit, via mobile comm device"