[kwlug-disc] Another Humble Bundle: Cryptocurrency

Chamunks chamunks at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 20:48:45 EDT 2017

Realistically the best way currently that I've found for mining is mining
on a 5 card board with anything that looks reasonably viable on this site.
https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator/nvidia-gtx-750-ti?e=0.125&currency=CAD
You'll need PCIE risers so that you can fit them all and you'll likely need
to actually build a custom chassis.  I would imagine you could build a rig
for about $2000-$2500CAD at this point which still returns about $5-$8/day
and don't forget if you don't burn out your hardware you can still sell
your hardware whenever you want to exit.  You could mine on Linux but
installing the graphics drivers might be a nightmare but you're welcomed to
give it a go.  If you try Linux mining and want to mine something vaguely
profitable-ish do EthOS and mine Ethereum.  It's a paid Ubuntu based
Linux distro with a bunch of fanciness and simple tunning done.  I
recommend this over having to waste your time on thinking too much about
it.  This kind of thing is part intuition and part just applying your best
knowledge possible.  There's a lot of bizarre very time sensitive/relevant
information out there.