[kwlug-disc] Another Humble Bundle: Cryptocurrency

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 16:17:20 EDT 2017

I am actually seriously considering a rig with 5 of the Nvidia 1070 card
which will eat up about 800w and running them from 7PM to 7AM for the
lowest cost electrical rates. I am thinking of starting in late November
when my house can benefit from the heat generated by the cards. Eth and
Monero to start. A play thing really, to learn. Doing it in the basement
will be helpful as heat rises(great for the winter) and it will be noisy,
so out of sight, out of earshot, and since basements are cool anyway during
the summer, a little extra heat should not be a real big deal.

A low-cost Raspberry Pi sounds a lot healthier on the pocketbook though:-)
Worth checking to see which cryptos make sense on that platform.

Thanks,

Ron Singh
"in transit, via mobile comm device"