[kwlug-disc] Another Humble Bundle: Cryptocurrency

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 15:39:27 EDT 2017

I have a friend in Calgary(flat rate of sub.$05/kwh) making $240 with 5 of
the RX580 video cards. He is happy  with the warming of his house due to
the 780w draw of his rig. Mind you, he had 2800 tied up in hardware for his
rig. It will take him about a year to recoup his capital costs and perhaps
even more time if anything dies right after the 1 year warranty is over on
his vid cards. I check my figures for 120v juice and I came up with an
average of 17.7 cents/kwh over a 24 hour period in Waterloo with TOU and
Hydro One's "Global Adjustment" extortion factored in.

I just don't see any payback doing mining in Ontario, especially with the
proof of work demanding more gpu cycles as time goes on.

A mining farm in Alberta would be the ticket

Thanks,

Ron Singh
"in transit, via mobile comm device"