[kwlug-disc] Firefox 57?

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 20:24:10 EST 2017

My wife is on Ubuntu 16.04LTS(Mate desktop) using a Thinkpad 1.4Ghz X301
ultra-portable laptop and she finds FF 57 very much the same performance as
FF 56, but she is a bit peeved that a couple of her add-ons were rendered
unusable.

She found replacements, but the replacements were poor, or bloated or
annoying.
She also mentioned that there was ZERO value-add in the layout changes
encountered from 56 to 57.
I tend to agree with her.

I am waiting for the imperative to toss FF 57 and put ESR on there.

Thanks,

Ron Singh
"in transit, via mobile comm device"