[kwlug-disc] Firefox 57? Now with NoScript!

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Tue Nov 21 02:08:50 EST 2017

Ronald Barnes wrote on 2017-11-20 10:36 PM:

> Been using it a few days, quite happy with it.

*Except* ... I restarted FF and lost the ability to have URL targets
displayed in the status area.

Turned Link Status Redux back on, then back off, the URL targets haven't
appeared below.

Flaky and frustrating - what idiot thought it a good idea to remove the
ability to know what one is clicking on?!?

As I'm reading up on it a bit, I see others asking to disable the hover
effect, and others having issues with older versions conflicting with
Status 4 Evar (sp?), and someone simply restarting FF to fix it.

I'm not having any such luck.

A final issue I'm noticing infrequently: some pages seem to be
truncated, even on
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1172238#question-reply

The scroll bar indicator is partially below the bottom of the window,
and "Android Browser" is the last clearly visible text on bottom right,
with something that looks like "iOS Browser" being partially legible
below it.

Maybe wait for FF 57.1 if you're thinking of upgrading.  It's promising
but quirky so far.

What idiot thought it a good idea to remove the ability to know what one
is clicking on?!?

Does Chrome / Chromium hide this info too?

r b