[kwlug-disc] Weather Forecast in Ubuntu variants

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun May 14 11:12:23 EDT 2017

For more granular weather (hour by hour, including cloud cover, yes, for
astronomy), I use this site.

It is just a front end for the Meteorological Institute of Norway. It is
the same data that the XFCE Weather plugin uses.

https://www.yr.no/place/Canada/Ontario/Rummelhardt/hour_by_hour_detailed.html

They have an app for Android (YR.NO). I use it more and more ever since TWN
messed up their UI.

There is also this site:

https://darksky.net/forecast/43.4,-80.5/ca12/en

And there are apps that use the same data source, including Arcus for
Android.

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 10:31 AM, CrankyOldBugger <crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Sorry.. I just noticed that I posted the same as Raymond..  but, yes,
> don't use the hyperlink by itself.  You have to recede it with "curl".
>
> On Sun, 14 May 2017 at 10:30 CrankyOldBugger <crankyoldbugger at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I use this site also..  the terminal version is:
>>
>> curl wttr.in/waterloo
>>

>> On Sat, 13 May 2017 at 23:34 William Park via kwlug-disc <
>> kwlug-disc at kwlug.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I had to use browser to see it properly formatted.  On my terminal
>>> (kconsole), it's garbage.  How do you see it in your terminal?
>>> --
>>> William

>>> curl

Khalid M. Baheyeldin