[kwlug-disc] Extending WiFi Range

Charles McColm charlesm at theworkingcentre.org
Thu Mar 30 10:08:06 EDT 2017

Thanks Bill, yes we have a bucket-load of wifi routers, many N routers (there may even be the odd AC router). Quite honestly we're so swamped with other things in Computer Recycling that testing/reseting/sorting/organizing/documenting the routers has fallen by the way-side. At one point I had a grand-plan to put AdvancedTomato/DD-WRT/OpenWRT on some of the routers and create some documentation to help people looking at routers for the first time. I haven't had the chance and we haven't really had the expert-set/interest in that "router project."

If someone is interested in playing with the different routers around here and maybe helping by flashing a few with DD/Open-WRT I'd be happy to trade (the work) for a router or two. I think we have something like 30 or so routers. No massive "Night Hawk" routers, but some decent ones around.

Cheers,

Charles McColm, cr at theworkingcentre.org
http://www.theworkingcentre.org/cr/
Desk Phone: 519-743-1151 x121