[kwlug-disc] Extending WiFi Range

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 21:20:10 EDT 2017

I've been hearing good things about mesh wi-fi lately.  Seems all the big
players are making them now, including Netgear, D-link, Linksys, even
Google.  Basically you have a main router and a bunch of small repeaters
scattered around the house.  Some of these repeaters are the size of a
hockey puck, others the size of desktop speakers.  In some cases, you need
ethernet to the repeaters, in other cases they just pick up each other's
broadcasts and pass them on.

Most of the tech journals I follow have good things to say about the
concept in general.

Might be worth investigating?