[kwlug-disc] Extending WiFi Range

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 29 20:18:17 EDT 2017

Where in your basement is your router?  At the floor, near wall, etc?

I used to have a router at the basement corner where all wires (phone,
cable, electricity) would come in.  Reception at the opposite corner of
the house wasn't that good.  So, I bought 2 external antennas (TP-LINK
TL-ANT2408C), and place them away from the corner.  Reception got
better.  Eventually though, I moved the router to upper floor, at the
centre of the house.
--
William