[kwlug-disc] KWLUG vps server

B.S. bs27975.2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 01:58:07 EDT 2017

I would be interested in participating in a Nextcloud group instance
maintenance. Group (volunteer) e-engagement has proven to be problematic
at OOTC, so exploring alternative mechanisms could be leverageable.

IIUC, Nextcloud is far more than 'just' the file sharing first thought
of when the term is heard, so it seems to make sense that Bob would
suggest it.

Although I'm not particularly e-social, I don't expect helping maintain
any such would be a problem.

Distro should be stock Debian Jessie. Hostname kwlugs1 (?) - not that it
much matters - more important will be the DNS names, which will depend
upon the multiple envisioned services Bob suggests firing up. (And
associated cert/key correlations.) More problematic may be figuring out
a documentation model up front - from the perspectives of both migration
(new OS' instances every few years), and maintenance (new maintainers
needing to get up to speed on the instance quickly). Some sort of
snapshot / backup / replication facility also seems prudent - should an
in-place OS upgrade go south, reverting will be desirable. And, stuff
happens.