[kwlug-disc] etckeeper, and not - prepping for the day I inevitably shoot myself in the foot?

B.S. bs27975.2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 18:43:40 EDT 2017

 > The main git site does have a list of GUIs too. Some free some paid:
 > https://git-scm.com/downloads/guis

Thanks. Yes, I came across that as part of composing the OP. (Which led
me to git-gui, gitk, and tig, and thus a baseline from which to evaluate
functional enhancements provided by those clients. Including a test of
git-gui running locally against a remote's sshfs.) It was running tig
over ssh (thus being reminded how much I don't remember about git), that
made me ask about file browsers that inherently understand git / file
versioning.

 > And there is also have a list of other similar projects for syncing
 > git repos ...

Wasn't intending to sync anywhere, nor connect or be connectable
elsewhere. Seems like 'git init' provides local file versioning, and
seems the easiest way of getting there.

i.e. Someone else landing in a directory and seeing .git present would
inherently be able to roll with it. vs Having to know 'something' was
present, how to access it, and so on. e.g. Presence/lack of backups,
where they're stored, recovery cmdlines, and so on.

Thoughts welcome.