[kwlug-disc] Here is another FOSS job posting board

Kyle Spaans 3lucid at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 17:18:12 EDT 2017

On the topic of companies using FLOSS but not contributing or funding it,
there is an investor down in the US who has done some research into it:

https://medium.com/@nayafia/how-i-stumbled-upon-the-internet-s-biggest-blind-spot-b9aa23618c58
https://medium.com/@nayafia/open-source-infrastructure-the-q-a-a44615861944
https://medium.com/@nayafia/open-source-was-worth-at-least-143m-of-instagram-s-1b-acquisition-808bb85e4681#.w58lpwmps
https://medium.com/@nayafia/we-re-in-a-brave-new-post-open-source-world-56ef46d152a3#.1yyreuae7

And a list of "high-priority" projects that need funding:
http://fundingoss.com/

The one big takeaway I remember from the series is that (and not to blame
the victims) many FLOSS projects don't make it easy for companies to pay
them. Supposedly it's hard to get software budget approval from your boss
to "donate" money, as opposed to buying a product or service.