[kwlug-disc] Blue Coat

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sat May 28 15:11:39 EDT 2016

There are trusted CAs in the browser, and there are trusted CAs in the
OS.  Untrusting one of these CAs works only until the next browser
update or OS CA store update.

I used to diligently untrust CAs like DigiNotar and Comodo, both of
which have issued bogus certificates in the past. It's yet another
game of computer whack-a-mole, they keep on popping up as fast as you
can beat them down. I don't do that any more; now I just hold my
breath and hope I don't get pwnd.

- --Bob.

 (and yes, there are several Blue Coat people in the KWLUG community)