[kwlug-disc] Upcoming meetings?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Jun 9 13:30:43 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com> wrote:

> Following up on the two Raspberry Pi[1] presentations here's another
> device that may fit the bill for Khalid's home automation project:
>
> https://www.crowdsupply.com/krtkl/snickerdoodle
>
> > A palm-sized, reconfigurable Linux computer that connects to the
> > real world: ARM + FPGA + Wi-Fi + Bluetooth + 154 I/O

There are lots of boards that are technically 'better' than the Raspberry
Pi. These include Odroid, Banana, ...etc.

Other boards come and go.

The issue is ongoing software support and widespread community acceptance.
These are key for any platform to be successful, and more important than
raw performance.