[kwlug-disc] Russia seizes VPN servers

Hubert Chathi hubert at uhoreg.ca
Tue Jul 12 10:16:21 EDT 2016

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 22:33:10 -0400, Mark Steffen <rmarksteffen at gmail.com> said:

> I've got a VPS hosted in the basement of a big black building halfway
> between Washington and Baltimore just off the 295, it's apparently a
> VERY secure facility.  Throughput is great, though I do get ssh
> complaining sometimes, I have to clear some stuff out in ~/.ssh/ for
> it to stop complaining and connect. Weird. It was a great price
> though, and secure. I keep all of my passwords, and router configs
> there as an offsite backup as well as archives of all my email,
> financial information, and evil plans.

Free backup for everyone funded by the US government.  What's not to
love?
http://www.nsa-cloud.com/

By the way, people who are interested in this sort of thing, I would
recommend checking out Bruce Schneier's book Data and Goliath.
https://www.schneier.com/books/data_and_goliath/  It's available at
least from the Waterloo Public Library.