[kwlug-disc] Linux Mint site hacked

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Feb 24 12:20:37 EST 2016

It's all well and good to say Free Software projects must be managed to professional SysAdmin standards, but how many people have contributed towards that goal? As far as I know, Clem is the only person actively working on that project, and he openly publishes the donations he receives: http://linuxmint.com/donors.php It looks substantial, but when you subtract the costs of running the site there's not much left over for food and shelter.

--Bob.

On February 24, 2016 12:06:14 PM EST, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
>And the forum database was hacked and sold a full month before they
>announced they were hacked.
>
>Very disappointing to see a popular free software project being
>mismanaged
>that way, with no proper updates.
>
>http://news.softpedia.com/news/linux-mint-forum-database-compromised-for-at-least-a-month-before-announcement-500901.shtml

Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com> Phone: +1-519-635-9413
SOBAC Microcomputer Services http://sobac.com/sobac/
Software --- Office & Business Automation --- Consulting