[kwlug-disc] About spamming techniques [was: Nextcloud 11]

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Thu Dec 15 04:23:00 EST 2016

Chamunks writes
> most of the big email providers will reject those [invalid
> attempts]

And that's the problem. A server which strictly accepts only mail that
passes DKIM and SPF (and DMARC) checks will not let any spam through,
but at the expense of false positives (unwanted rejections) from those
mail servers that don't implement DKIM or SPF.

I see that SPF has finally graduated to "Standards Track" from
"Experimental", but none of these protocols are required for
conformance to the mail standards of RFC5321

- --Bob, who wonders why RFC5321 isn't part of STD10