[kwlug-disc] "Microsoft's SQL Server Next for Linux, Windows"

Sun Dec 4 12:25:17 EST 2016

> On Dec 3, 2016, at 1:29 PM, William Park via kwlug-disc <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org> wrote:
> Eagle and KiCAD are 2 of 3 that I've bookmarked.  The 3rd is "Dip Trace"
> (diptrace.com).  Any thought?

I see absolutely no reason to look at DipTrace; 5 years ago Eagle had the low end/free market. These days you still have Eagle, now KiCad and even cloud services like Circuit Studio, EasyEDA and Upverter.

Diptrace is a single platform (well ok, they have OSX as well through the defunct-for-5-years X11 subsystem), low-end EDA tool. I’d be surprised if they’ve got any growth whatsoever. I’d avoid it.

-A.