[kwlug-disc] Website management tools

Kirk Zurell kirk at kirk.zurell.name
Fri Aug 12 19:58:19 EDT 2016

There was a time I was using PMWiki for my main site, as a happy
medium between static and CMS.

I dunno how those in the know are feeling about the (not -pedia) Wiki
movement these days.

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 9:37 AM, CrankyOldBugger
<crankyoldbugger at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Low maintenance for me (i.e. without the constant barrage of security
> updates that I finally gave up on and now ignore regularly)

Can't help you there.

> 2) Some way for my wife to post new articles in a blog-like fashion from her
> Ubuntu laptop or her Android tablet.  Please keep in mind that while she's
> very smart, she wants something very simple and easy to use (and she doesn't
> want to learn any programming).

That's trivial, blog-specific functionality is there.

Do we feel CamelCase/Wiki script/Markdown are programming?

> 3) We don't (at this time) need any ecommerce type stuff (we're not selling
> stuff online), but we would probably be open to some simple tricks like
> having a customer fill out a form with their contact information, that sort
> of thing.  So HTTPS isn't mandatory (although it wouldn't hurt).

There are drop-in plugins for many such things too.

It's actively maintained after all these years.

Can't vouch for how "hardenable" it is.

Kirk
--
Kirk Zurell