[kwlug-disc] Windows 10 spying scares regular users

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Sep 15 10:17:55 EDT 2015

Hmm ... odd. Was he contacted by someone to remove it?

Here is another article that linked to the same video:
http://investmentwatchblog.com/any-windows-10-device-no-matter-what-users-do-will-be-sending-encrypted-telemetry-to-redmond-every-time-they-open-or-close-any-locally-stored-image-file/

There is this article based on some Czech guy's work.
http://localghost.org/posts/a-traffic-analysis-of-windows-10

Others are saying the Czech site is known for pro-Russian propaganda
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10099180

Some of the claims are refuted here:
http://blog.robseder.com/2015/08/16/whats-the-real-deal-with-windows-10-and-privacy/

Ars Technica UK also observed data being sent even when telemetry was
told not to.
http://arstechnica.co.uk/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/

And here is a video on that Ars article:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOZ-mwaDhlo