[kwlug-disc] Linux supported sound cards

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 17:41:06 EDT 2015

If you're willing to wait until Tuesday I can check at Computer Recycling
(or Paul might be around). I know we had at least one I saved somewhere in
the IT office. Not sure of the brand/make or where I left it in the
office/my desk, but I know we had one.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 2:07 PM, CrankyOldBugger <crankyoldbugger at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone...
>
> I just found out the other day that the sound card (Creative Labs Audigy
> FX) in my dual boot desktop doesn't have Linux drivers (specifically,
> Ubuntu).  Windows side works fine.  In travelling around Creative Labs'
> website, I noticed a serious lack of Linux commitment from CL.
>
> Does anyone have experience with any sort of PCI-e sound card that has
> available Linux drivers?  I value "cheap" over "lots of flashy lights".
> And being half deaf, I don't really care for some audiophile-level sound
> machine, just something that can drive my external speakers reasonably well
> (the sound card on the motherboard has issues, thus my need for a separate
> card).

Charles McColm, Author: Instant XBMC,
Columnist: Full Circle Magazine,
Project Manager: The Working Centre Computer Recycling Project
Web: http://www.theworkingcentre.org/cr/
Blog: http://www.charlesmccolm.com/
Twitter/Identica/Google+: @chaslinux