[kwlug-disc] Linux supported sound cards

Chris Craig kwlug.org at ciotog.net
Tue Sep 1 20:31:49 EDT 2015

Cranky said:
> I just found out the other day that the sound card (Creative Labs Audigy FX) in my dual boot desktop doesn't have Linux
> drivers (specifically, Ubuntu).

Yes it does, it's a Realtek ALC898 based card which is supported by
the snd_hda_intel module.

I imagine the problem you're having is due to an on-board card that's
registering as card0 (the default), leaving the Audigy FX as card1.

Dealing with multiple sound cards has always been a pain, here's some
people having similar trouble:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/getting-a-soundblaster-audigy-fx-to-work-4175505881/