[kwlug-disc] Linux supported sound cards

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 14:07:35 EDT 2015

Hi everyone...

I just found out the other day that the sound card (Creative Labs Audigy
FX) in my dual boot desktop doesn't have Linux drivers (specifically,
Ubuntu).  Windows side works fine.  In travelling around Creative Labs'
website, I noticed a serious lack of Linux commitment from CL.

Does anyone have experience with any sort of PCI-e sound card that has
available Linux drivers?  I value "cheap" over "lots of flashy lights".
And being half deaf, I don't really care for some audiophile-level sound
machine, just something that can drive my external speakers reasonably well
(the sound card on the motherboard has issues, thus my need for a separate
card).