[kwlug-disc] OT: Where to replace cell phone screen?

B.S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Fri Nov 27 20:36:10 EST 2015

Non-user replaceable may not mean what one might intuitively thinks it means.

I have a UPS with such a battery. Open up the case and it's a battery much like any other - slip the leads off, the new battery in, and voila.

Turns out non-replaceable also has to do with no nice convenient cover to open, and even if present, also means the compartment isn't walled off so small fingers can't stick where they shouldn't.

In this case, easily user replaceable, but doesn't meet code to be labelled as such.

I suspect if you open your phone you will find a standard battery, albeit probably soldered in, but otherwise easily switched. (You proved with OTA that you're not as inept as you like to think you might be.)

Google and/or ebay your phone and battery and you will probably find instructions you are willing to follow. (YouTube has been amazing for videos of such openings.)

As the holiday gift giving season is upon us, perhaps you can hand it down to a little one sooner than you expected.