[kwlug-disc] Raspberry Pi now $5

Keefer Rourke keefer.rourke at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 18:36:09 EST 2015

>Has anyone got KODI to work without any slowdowns / stuttering on a
>RPi?

I have a living room set up with a RPi2 running OpenELEC that works flawlessly. Haven't experienced any issues whatsoever, it makes for a nice cheap entertainment box.

I've heard the original model B struggles with Kodi though, it runs, but not well? I played some B+'s at school which stuttered a bit with a minimal Arch Linux installation with LXDE... Based on this I would be sceptic to think that the new RPi ZERO would be able to handle much more than that - but the more modern CPU may prove me wrong.

--
Regards,
Keefer Rourke