[kwlug-disc] OT: Laptop battery life

Jason Locklin locklin.jason at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 21:42:34 EST 2015

The battery is li-ion, not NiMH. The life cycle of li-ion batteries do degrade with frequent deep discharging (and frequent full charges -though that can't really be avoided). The degree of damage from "trickle charging" is going do depend on the charging circuitry. Frequent small charges to less than full is actually ideal, if not very practical.