[kwlug-disc] OT: SSD disks?

Raymond Chen raymondchen625 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 14:20:36 EST 2015

Thanks for the input on the mount options. I heard they also improve the
disk performance. I'll give it a shot and see if I can actually feel it.

I'm inclined to believe the lifespan of SSD is close to those spinning
disks. I have a MacBook Air with 128GB SSD, which I bought in 2011. It used
to be my workhorse in the first 2-3 years, used to work, development,
outlook etc. And it was always close to out of space. But it's still very
good, very fast although there are only 4GB RAM. I'm expecting it to last a
couple more years. It's just being casually used right now, for browsing or
Kodi. Many workload are shared by the Ubuntu on my Thinkpad.