[kwlug-disc] Android question

Keefer Rourke keefer.rourke at gmail.com
Tue May 26 23:45:26 EDT 2015

> Is there "shell" for Android?

Absolutely there is. On stock Android you have the root shell accessible
via adb, and you can also download a terminal emulator which will give you
shell access in the user space. This shell is very limited however, so
doing fancy things is probably difficult/impossible.

If your Android is rooted and has busybox however, that's an entirely
different story. Enjoy your full shell.

On topic though, writing a script to do this might be a bit convoluted or
unnecessary, given the number of options available for POS apps, both
flossy and non-free.

Cheers,
Keefer