[kwlug-disc] Software Freedom Day

Colin Mills colin.j.mills96 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 11:20:46 EDT 2015

Ok, so I am starting to understand that there is some confusion within the
planning of the event.

* As for right now, I am waiting on talks from multiple amounts of people.
I have a UNIX is your IDE talk lined up, I have a talk from Clearpath
Robotics lined up, Bob's talk if the SFD doesn't go through. I am looking
at getting another keynote speaker and I myself am giving a talk. This
gives a pretty stable basis for talks.

* As for a location, I am in the process of organizing Conestoga's
Cambridge campus for the event. Right now I am in conversation with one of
my professors trying to organize the location and book it for the
appropriate date.

* As for the date we are looking at October 3rd. It seemed to be the best
date that would work for everyone.

* The food is another issue that will not be a problem. We will have pizza
for lunch as well as coffee and snacks throughout the day.

* As for the installfest I am thinking we could setup a station within the
cafeteria, as I've said I will need to talk to my professor about the
viability of such an endeavor. Plus I would like to get a bucket of ready
to go Ubuntu 15 installs just to give people a taste of Linux. If anyone
wants to create about 30-50 usbs that would be great. I will compensate
your accordingly.

* For SFD, I am not trying to be selfish but hopefully we can incorporate
it into the conference somehow. Logistically it doesn't make sense to have
two events around the same time frame, and I am more then welcome to input
or advertising or anything of the like.

* As for right now I DO NOT have any talks in except my own. I have asked
for drafts from those who will be talking and I am still looking at the
Keynote as well as Clearpath.

* I hope this clears up some of the confusion.

Colin J. Mills (cjm)
FOSS <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_and_open-source_software> Advocate

Software Engineering Technology
Second Year