[kwlug-disc] Software Freedom Day: no go

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Jul 18 15:23:00 EDT 2015

I have been dropping hints about this in earlier threads, but now it
is official: The Working Centre is not intending to organize Software
Freedom Day stuff this year, and I am not going to be organizing
anything personally. That should not prohibit anybody else from
putting together a team and organizing an event.

Personally I think that joining forces with Colin's Linux Conference
makes a lot of sense.

Having said that, if a team organizes something and is looking for a
space to run the event, then The Working Centre might be able to make
something available (no promises, though, and I think our preference
is not to host). If you are planning to do this then we would need to
know at least a month in advance, however.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org