[kwlug-disc] Best place to purchase Cat6 in K/W

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 09:35:14 EDT 2015

I can confirm that power line ethernet is still a long ways from reliable.
I had some d-link adapters a few years ago and couldn't even get them to
talk to each other.

PoE, on the other hand, is something else altogether.  The VoIP system we
use at work depends on PoE switches to light up the phones.  Every time we
install the VoIP in a remote office we need to replace the existing
switches with PoE equipment.