[kwlug-disc] System Administrator Appreciation Day Dinner, 31 July 2015 [bjns]

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sat Aug 1 00:06:44 EDT 2015

SysAdminDay Dinner was a great success (everyone left having eaten all
they could from the buffet). I'll have some pictures shortly.

In the meantime, is that a KWLUG SysAdmin who's being quoted in this
article?

http://www.itworld.com/article/2829113/it-management/9-reasons-sys-admins-hate-you.html

> Sys admins offer a list of 9 ways you drive them crazy

[...]

On 26/07/15 07:03 PM, Bob Jonkman wrote:
> And the results are in!
>
> - From the Straw Poll at http://strawpoll.me/5008195/r:
>
> Chen’s Buffet: 4 votes Star Wok: 1 vote Lancaster Smokehouse: 0
> votes
>
> - From these comments: Chen’s Buffet: 1.5 votes Star Wok: .5 votes
>  Lancaster Smokehouse: 1 vote
>
> (those .5 votes are your fault, Dan! "I now therefore support
> either of those buffet places"...)
>
> I got no additional votes in e-mail that weren’t duplicates of the
>  comments or the Straw Poll, so the clear winner is Chen’s Buffet
> with 5.5 votes!
>
> I’ll call for a reservation tomorrow (Monday), and see you there on
>  Friday, 31 July 2015 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm!
>
> Chen’s Buffet 50 Weber Street North, Waterloo, Ontario
>
> Map: http://osm.org/go/ZXnbrayr--?m=
>
> –Bob.
>

> On 23/07/15 03:54 PM, Bob Jonkman wrote:
>> Hi again! 31 July is drawing close, so it's time we chose a place
>>  for dinner.  So far, there are three choices:
>
>> * Star Wok * Lancaster Smokehouse * Chen's Buffet
>
>> I can add more if anyone is particularly fond of a particular
>> place; e-mail me or leave a comment on the blog:
>
>> http://bob.jonkman.ca/blogs/2015/07/14/system-administrator-appreciation-day-dinner-31-july-2015/#proposed_venues

And the polls are open! If you have a favorite then let me know by