[kwlug-disc] Canadian Distros?

jekerr at SDF.ORG jekerr at SDF.ORG
Mon Apr 20 00:37:14 EDT 2015

Hi

I was surprised by the number of Canadian distros listed on Distrowatch
myself. I wondered if they were just hosted here, and I was sort of hoping
that the members would have some more insight on this.

I do not want nationalism to creep into the FLOSS movement; I point with
pride that there is such an international effort where people of all
nations, races, beliefs, Leaf fans, Montreal fans etc. help each other and
contribute to the effort any way they can.

It is a warm and fuzzy to know that Canada is doing some good stuff out
there, including Kernal development. Do we want government to get behind
FLOSS? Showing them  good Canadian distros can't hurt.

Cheers!!

John