[kwlug-disc] Sharing desktop in Xubuntu

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Apr 8 17:25:36 EDT 2015

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 03:59:15AM -0400, Paul Nijjar wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 06:05:30AM -0400, Paul Nijjar wrote:
> >

> > I would like to find something FLOSSy that comes close to this
> > functionality. I know some of you have this issue as well, so maybe
> > some of you have solutions I can steal. But the problem seems more
> > difficult than it looks.
>
> Found it! Unsolicited and Cranky pointed me towards the solution in
> different ways.
>
> The answer is outlined here:
>
> http:/www.karlrunge.com/x11vnc/faq.html#faq-firewall-out

Remember a million years ago when I said I wrote out a solution? I
have finally released it to the world's worst dating site:

https://github.com/theworkingcentre/remote-help

Nick said I had to do this or I would never be employable in the 21st
century (as if this will make me employable).

The scripts are awkward to set up initially, but they work pretty
well, in the sense that I have helped at least two people using them
(neither of whom is confident about computers).

- Paul