[kwlug-disc] Tablet shopping

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Tue Sep 30 18:24:33 EDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 10:24:52AM -0400, Jeff Smith wrote:
> I ended up getting the Lenovo A8-50 for Wifeski.  It came in
> yesterday.  So far, so good.  I haven't had a chance to thoroughly
> investigate it but it hasn't blown up yet...

Specs alone utterly destroys any embedded board.  Price too, if you add
up all the addons you'd have to buy, eg.  screen, wireless, etc.  If
only they had "developer" model...

Beaglebone, despite its flaky hardware, is easy to install Linux.
    - create FAT boot partition, and extract boot loader there.
    - create root partition, and extract root filesystem there.
You now have 32bit ARMv7 Debian/Ubuntu Linux.
--
William