[kwlug-disc] Best place to purchase domains these days

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Mon Sep 29 16:06:13 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:

> I don't know about "the best place" but I moved from GoDaddy to NameCheap
> a few years ago. Autorenewal works great. They only send 3 emails per year
> per domain. One as a notice for renewal, another when your card is charged,
> and the ICANN mandatory email about updating the info on your domain, and
> that is it. You don't need to login or do anything. The .com domains cost
> $10.6 or so per year, which is very reasonable.

I'll second Namecheap. I've been using them for a few years for domains and
SSL certificates. No hassle for domains.

Only complaint is that their documentation doesn't outline the actual
differences between SSL certificate offerings. But neither does anybody
else in that price bracket.

--
Chris Irwin
<chris at chrisirwin.ca>