[kwlug-disc] Vulnerability in bash

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 13:38:55 EDT 2014

Oh, I agree that this has serious implications, but we could probably deal
with it much better without the press causing all sorts of problems.

We especially don't need the press blowing this out of proportion to the
point where (ordinary) people start questioning Linux's security.  After
Heartbleed, this is another reason for the (uninformed) CIO or CEO to go
running back to Microsoft.

I'm going to assume that everyone in this mailing list knows that Linux and
FOSS is better than proprietary software, but there are people out there
who actually let the CBC and FOX tell them what to believe.  Stories like
Heartbleed and Shellshock sells papers, so the media will try to milk it
for far more than its worth.