[kwlug-disc] Home made indoor TV Antenna

Dan Hergott - newsletter email dhuwnews at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 14:48:27 EDT 2014

I have been following this on the news.
The CRTC is suggesting to the stations to turn the HDTV free
transmitters off. How is the CRTC this serving the Canadian public with
such a suggestion?   Are they totally in the pocket of the Cable and
Satelite providers?

It seems we cord cutters will be without much free OTA station selection
if the Canadian broadcasters stop free HDTV transmissions in Canada.
Which will be most likely since a vast majority of the OTA stations are
owned by Rogers or Bell.  The only independent Canadian stations I am
aware of are CHCH out of Hamilton and the Christian station, both of
which will probably be gobbled up by Rogers or Bell if over the air
transmissions are abandoned.

I guess if this happens I will have to get a rotator and stronger gain
antenna and chanel master 7777 amplifier to pull in more US stations.
Unfortunately I purchased the 7778 chanel  master amplifier, thinking
the 7777 would be too strong with CKCO-TV antenna in Baden, I guess I
made a bad choice.

Dan