[kwlug-disc] FSOSS

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Sep 9 11:56:09 EDT 2014

I attended FSOSS a few years back. But I was presenting, so perhaps I am biased.

There were several good talks there, some by university professors
from as far as (was it BC or Alberta?).

The early bird of $40 is definitely worth it, but you have to factor
in transportation (much less if you car pool), and lodging (if you
want to attend both days). Braving Toronto traffic during weekdays is
sheer torture!

My recommendation is to check the schedule and speakers to see if
there are topics that are of interest to you, then decide based on
that, and the above cost/time.