[kwlug-disc] What is all this about systemd?

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Tue Sep 9 04:37:44 EDT 2014

The direction that systemd is trying to go, does have non-technical
merits.  By combining small obscure individual services into one big
one, it will force developers to fix bugs, because those bugs will be in
everyone's face.  More people to find bugs or add features, because
everyone will be using the same program.

Personally, I wouldn't mind that happening for distros.  Having 6 major
distros and their variations is becoming wasteful.  There should be one
Linux.
--
William