[kwlug-disc] What is all this about systemd?

Jeff Smith crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 14:37:46 EDT 2014

Further to all of this... I found a cheat sheet outlining command differences between systemd and sysVinit:
http://linoxide.com/linux-command/systemd-vs-sysvinit-cheatsheet/

Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 12:34:53 -0400
From: kb at 2bits.com
To: kwlug-disc at kwlug.org
Subject: Re: [kwlug-disc] What is all this about systemd?

That sums it up:

"Disclaimer: We are not sysvinit purists by any means. We do recognize the need for a new init system in the 21st century, but
    systemd is not it."

As I said before, no one is objecting to faster booting and better syntax, with dependency startup. But systemd crams up way more than any sane daemon should do, and creates a long dependency chain, hence the objections.

st
kwlug-disc at kwlug.org