[kwlug-disc] Things IT guys never say

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Nov 15 15:49:47 EST 2014

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 06:29:40PM +0000, CrankyOldBugger wrote:
> For those of us who work in IT...
>
> http://youtu.be/4m7YjAuDMY0

I have said versions of the following:

"You probably know more than I do"

"I would rather stand and explain it to you than do it myself" (see:
http://polaris.gseis.ucla.edu/pagre/how-to-help.html )

"There's still plenty to do even when the Internet goes down"

"I feel so appreciated here" (actually s/so/overly/ )

"It's probably the computer, not you"

"Yes, this happens to me too"

"That took less time than expected" (which is rare, but has happened)

"Why get the warranty when you have us?"

"Thanks for being so patient"

"I feel a little underqualified for my job" (s/a little/extremely/)

I think the conclusion here is that I am not an IT people.

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org