[kwlug-disc] Going outside the repository

B.S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Mon Nov 10 14:54:50 EST 2014

Thus the Ubuntu PPA's which handle the signing, and so on. Let alone
aptitude update/upgrade auto advise of new versions available.
https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA

And since they do the hosting, your, or your organization's bandwidth is
preserved.

Don't recall what, if anything, sourceforge is/n't doing - I think
md5's, but I don't recall keys.